I hope this finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: my commitment to your safety and health.
By its very nature, massage and bodywork requires skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority for my practice. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help me to support all my clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
My practice follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Labor and Industries (L&I)
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect my clients and myself:
- Due to the blood clotting side effect of Covid-19 during and after infection, any client who has been diagnosed with the virus is asked not to schedule an appointment for no less than 3 months after recovery.
- I will have a required telehealth call with you the day before your appointment to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19. We will also schedule your next appointment during this call.
- You will be sent forms for every appointment via Docusign that must be completed prior to your telehealth call. Documents can be signed on a computer, tablet, or smart phone. If you do not have access to that, we will have a very limited amount of them available to sign in the office.
- I will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practitioner.”
- All payments due must be made via the Square invoice that will be sent to you 48 hours ahead of your appointment time. We will not be taking any in-office payments.
- All appointments will be subject to a $15 Covid-19 expense recovery fee. This is not covered by insurance and must be paid prior to appointments. This will help offset the cost of PPE and sanitation products as well as the increased time set aside for each appointment.
- When you arrive at the office, I will ask that you wait in your vehicle until I text you or call you to come in. This ensures that we do not have too many people in the clinic area at one time.
- If you are walking to the clinic, please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment. We have enough time built into the schedule to allow for you to use the restroom and complete any other necessary requirements and you will still receive the full massage time.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage. If you do not have one, we will require you to purchase a homemade cloth one for $10.
- You will be welcomed into Revive Wellness Center to wash your hands and use the restroom.
- You will be greeted at the door to Revive Therapeutics and use a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you do not have a fever.
- We will ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- All massage therapists will be wearing an N95 mask, googles and apron during your appointment.
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice.
At this time, all scheduled appointments have been canceled. Over the next 2 weeks, I will contact clients who have had recurring appointments with us in the past to set up a new appointment time.
We are tentatively scheduled to open on July 6, 2020. Our business hours will be changing a bit. Due to the increased cleaning and sanitizing the time between client sessions will be increased, decreasing the number of clients we can see each day.
Beginning 6/22, to make an appointment, please call me at 206-451-7037. I will be available between 10 am and 2pm to schedule appointments. We will not be scheduling any appointments online at this time.
Angela will be with us through the month of July but will be moving with her family to the East Coast at the end of the month. It has been a blessing and a pleasure to have her working with me at Revive. I have advertised for an LMT to fill her position but do not have anyone yet.
Thank you for being my client. I value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
Posted in: Uncategorized